‘Our little local corner shop is more than enough for us,’ say residents fighting plans to build giant supermarket on Milton Keynes estate
The shop owner gives unwavering support to the community
Residents protest about sudden plans to radically change their Milton Keynes estate and sell off land for large discount supermarket
They had no idea it was coming, they say
This evening (20th July) is the monthly GHRA resident’s meeting where amongst other topics we will be discussing further the proposals from MKCC to undertake significant developments on Galley Hill and reflecting on the responses provided at recent SSTC and MKCC meetings.
The meeting is open to all, please join us 7-8pm at the Galley Hill Meeting Place above the shop.
Picture from last night’s MKCC meeting with representation from residents, GHRA, SSTC, House of Champions Ministries (The Church)
Survey Questions and results from over 200 respondents. 16/7/23
1) Are you happy for GHRA to represent you whilst negotiating this with MKCC?
2) Do you agree with change of occupancy for Arts Centre and Small Meeting Place to accommodate two charities for use as distribution centres?
3) Do you agree with change of use to the Professional Development Centre as a new school for teenage pupils with High Complex Needs?
4) Do you agree with redevelopment of the Watling Way Centre (currently occupied by Walnuts Care) and demolition of the swimming pool?
5) Do you agree with the new retail park consisting of a low-cost supermarket and drive thru being inserted onto green space between the school playing field and H1 Ridgeway?
In light of the Galley Hill residents and stakeholders rejection MKCC have presented us with a revised proposal. 18/7/23
If you would like to be kept informed of the correspondence with MKCC on this topic please email email@example.com and you will be BCC on every email between us, this will include revised proposals.
Bee Lewis and Rob Middleton of MKCC shared proposals for development on Galley Hill that surprised residents.
See MKCC proposals here.
GHRA will be seeking ALL residents views on the proposals to feedback to MKCC, let us know what you think by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message on our answerphone 01908 973073.
Everyone welcome to attend
join us on Thursday the 18th of May in the Small Meeting Place/Church above the shop at 19:00.