Category Archives: GHRA Meetings

Minutes of past meetings, and agendas for upcoming meetings.

Upcoming Meetings For Galley Hill Residents

Stony Stratford Town Council’s next meeting will be at 19th March at the Small Meeting Place in Galley Hill. The meeting starts at 7pm, and it may be good to have a strong turnout by interested local residents.
We should also mention that,  finding there was money left in the 2018/19 SSTC budget earmarked for local groups, Sue Titchmarsh, ( as Events Co-ordinator)   has put in an application ( countersigned by Roy Adams, GHRA Treasurer) on GHRA’s behalf for £200 towards running an Easter Egg hunt ( similar to last year) . It would be good if people were there to look  the other councillors in the eye when they are making the decision on this.
We are expecting another group of people will be there to express their concerns over some children within the Stony Stratford part  Radcliffe School catchment are not being able to gain places at the school.

So, it could be a lively meeting and worthwhile attending.

Following this, on Thursday 21st March it is the GHRAs own monthly meeting, at the Small Meeting Place again at 7pm. and we would like to hear from you there too.

Please try to attend one or both of these meetings if you can so we can remind the Council that we are still here, and to help the GHRA to decide where we should be investing our energies on behalf of everyone in Galley Hill.

.

AGM Results In

Firstly, the GHRA would like to thank everyone who came to our first ever AGM and helped to shape our committee for the coming year. After opening the meeting, our acting chairperson David Tavener stood down and the meeting was handed to the treasurer to chair the election of a chairperson. There was only one person standing for the post and nobody else offered when asked during the meeting, but David Tavener seemed to be the crowds choice anyway so he was reinstated as Chair.

With David as Chair the next was to elect a new Vice Chair, Doug Titchmarsh was nominated and voted in. Treasurer and Secretary followed similar trends as both outgoing members were nominated and voted back into their previous roles, so Treasurer is once again Roy Adams and our Secretary is Joy Sumner. Our recently added events team of Sue Titchmarsh and Kate Nichols were also kept in their posts.

With the committee voted in the meeting continued with the revelation that Roy Adams as also been accepted as the replacement Councillor to fill the position left when Mick Allsopp recently stepped down. The committee and all present thanked Mick for his previous good work in the role, and all agreed that having Roy as a replacement was great news for Galley Hill.

Roy held up the accounts for the year for approval, it was decided that an independent audit would be prudent before final approval. The meeting then turned to other matters for discussion, including speeding in the courts (sleeping policemen have been proposed for the Court entrances but needs discussion and resident input before anything is put forward either for or against), cardboard and other waste issues have been taken up with the MK Council.

Roy gave an update on the bench carving, which has been awaiting the schools input, a suggestion was made by Kate Nicholls that we instead follow the theme of the park, I.e. the mini beasts theme. David Taverner informed all present that Pete Marland, the MK Council Leader is to be present at our next meeting (21st June) to take question from Galley Hill Residents.

The GHRA newsletter, The Noose, needs an editor and sponsors. We are asking if anyone can help to edit the Noose and add relevant articles to it, can you help. David and Roy are approaching local businesses for sponsorship to pay the printing costs.

Roy and Dave also reported on the recent Fullers Slade meetings reference the regeneration project, and in particular how Galley Hill could be affected as the plans could include land up to the edge of Flitton Court. Mick Allsopp commented on longer term plans which could include Galley Hill even further. This is being monitored by the GHRA committee.

The next meeting is planned for the 21st June and will be a public meeting. Full minutes will be made available in the library section soon once they have been approved.

Thanks for your support,

The GHRA Committee

GHRA AGM Reminder

We just wanted to remind everyone that Thursday 24th May at 7pm in the Small Meeting Place, will be the AGM (Annual General Meeting) of the Galley Hill Residents Association. This is your chance to have a say in who is on the Committee of YOUR residents association.

As always, we are looking for volunteers to run or help run the GHRA. All of the Committee will stand down and open up their positions to anyone who wants to stand, then a vote can be taken if more than one candidate is proposed. We would like to see some more people willing to stand up for Galley Hill and the needs of its residents.

Please try and make some time to attend the meeting, and have a say in local matters.

 

Thanks, the Committee of The GHRA.

 

GHRA Meeting 8th March 2018

8th March meeting of the GHRA saw another large turnout at the Small Meeting Place, and the committee would like to thank everyone for their support. It was a meeting not only packed with people but also with things to discuss and a bit of a shocker for all of us, read on to find out more.

Once the meeting was officially opened by our Chairperson, a very poorly Nyomie, we heard from Roy that the finances are looking good for the GHRA. Dave and Roy had also attended the Fullers Slade RA and reported briefly on happenings there.

We were then joined by local Police Officer Kate Story who was there to reassure the residents of Galley Hill that, despite appearances to the contrary, the area still has a very low crime rate. Reporting of crimes was discussed as there is a general feeling that smaller crimes aren’t being reported as people don’t want to bother the busy police service with seemingly trivial things. Kate advised that even if nothing needs to be investigated reporting crime (telephone 101 for non urgent calls or report online on the TVP website) helps the police to build a profile and may lead to preventing further crimes. Everybody agreed that the talk had been helpful, and we thank Kate Story for her time. Kate has also asked us to make this Home security booklet available for download.

CCTV was also discussed with Kate advising to be careful that it doesn’t intrude into a neighbours privacy.  Also, signage advising of CCTV  must be plainly displayed.

Following the usual discussions of potholes (the council have use of a new pothole filling machine so we should see it used over the next two years), Antisocial parking, trees and landscaping (still being brought to the attention of the council regularly by GHRA, councillors and residents) etcetera we heard from Roy that the tree carving project is still in progress and that the school is still involved in the designs.

Nyomie dropped the bombshell that she was stepping down as Chairperson with immediate effect. All present were a little shocked, but thank her for her hard work during the formative year of the GHRA. We all wish her well and hope to see her at the future meetings of the residents association she has helped to start and shape.

Cllr Mick Allsopp informed us of the upcoming elections of the local Council and the Neighbourhood Plan which will be important for all of us to get involved in. Mick also informed us that he has put Galley Hill forward as a Key Site which may help us in our efforts to get more repairs done to the area.

-Litter picking was discussed and the Steward at Stony Community Church, which helps run the Fullers Slade litter picks, can come on 8th April, 10:30 a.m., meeting outside the school, and then every second month on a Sunday.  (6 times a year.)  We need volunteers to help litter pick.

Finally we need to mention our Easter Egg event to be held on Good Friday again, please email our events team to prebook so we can get an idea of numbers.

Full minutes of the meeting will be available here soon.

Thanks for your support

The GHRA committee

Minutes Of GHRA Meeting Thursday, 16th November, 2017

Minutes:  General Open Meeting #7

Thursday, 16th November, 2017 (6:45pm)

Small Meeting Place Galley Hill

 

  1. Welcome and H&S – Done

 

  1. Apologies – From Nyomie F, Paul Bartlett

 

  1. Formal approval of previous minutes (available online at GHRA.uk) – Done

 

  1. Items for discussion

 

    1. Report from SSTC meeting – N/A

 

    1. Local activities
      • Tree carving – bench is taking shape but still waiting for the children’s drawings for incorporation into it for completion.  Plus making a timeline plank for the school from the tree (over 200 years old)
      • Coffee mornings – still running on Tuesday mornings
      • Discos & picnics – We have funding to arrange 2 events
      • Open Garden & Counts Competition
      • Interest in setting up a club for helping out (if you need help getting to hospital, gardening, etc)
      • Christmas Events (singing/Santa)
        • We’re proposing to hold the carols on Tue, 12th December, starting ~6pm.
        • We would also like to hold a general rehearsal on Thurs, 23rd November, 7pm, SMP.

 

    1. Funding
      • £400 from MKC (to run 2 events
      • Coffee morning donations (upto £280 ish in total)
      • Money for tree carving has been received (and not paid out)
      • 2x £48 paid for Noose (due to lack of sponsorship currently)

 

    1. Communication
      • “Noose” newsletter
        • Running regularly
        • In the new year we are looking for more sponsorship
      • Website – GHRA.uk
        • Contact details are available on this
      • Raising GHRA awareness
        • E.g. of bookmarks for children to go with Noose to raise awareness of GHRA

 

    1. Problems
      • Trees/leaves/landscaping/pathway/road problems/potholes
        • Letter to Peter Marland:
          • Has been sent in reply to his (about maintenance of the estate).  However we have not had a reply to this.
          • Mick has invited Peter Marland to the next GHRA meeting.
          • Councillor Charlie Wilson is interested in this.
        • There is interest in running a tree-survey (using GHRA funds) to backup requests to the council.
          • Mick says that MKC is about to start a tree survey.
      • Litter picking
        • If you would like to be involved in Litter Picking, please contact David
      • Missing street signs (e.g. Redbourne, Clailey)
        • Sign has been taken away and will not be replaced.
        • Issues raised re lost taxis not being able to collect vulnerable people and so this needs fixing.
        • Cost of doing our own signs for ~£30 each, but there may be problems with putting our own signs up.
        • Mick will raise on the 22nd Nov at the MKC meeting.
      • Other – N/A

 

    1. Cost of refurbishment
      • Draft of letter on concerns regarding the cost.

 

    1. Fullers Slade Regeneration
  • Up to 6 stores high and higher housing density
  • This will have an impact on local resources (e.g. doctors…)
  • At MKC meeting a motion will put forward to have a referendum on the final plan
  • Such a referendum would have the same set up as a local election (but only in Fullers Slade).
  • Turnout figure may need consideration.

 

    1. Visitors
  • Terrie Howey/Red Phoenix
    • Runs a drama club for under 16 year old children at York House, Act Out (Thursday; 6-10 years 4:30-5:30) and Act Up (Thursdays, 11-16 years 5:40-6:40)
    • This includes making a panto.  The children write this.
    • Terrie is keen to encourage additional people from Galey Hill and Fullers Slade.
    • The cost is the same as an afterschool club (£100/year?).  Terrie is also looking to set up a scholarship place.
    • If there are concerns with transport to and from for children Terrie is looking to set something up.  Maybe a walking train.
    • In Feb half-term there will be 2 free half-day workshops to try things out (one in Galley Hill and one in Fullers Slade).
  • Colin Harmsworth (JCAC)
    • Apologises but cannot make the meeting.

 

    1. GHRA is one year old!!!
  • Thank you for your involvement!

 

  1. Any other business

 

Local events:  17th Dec School concert, free to all

Local event:  Quiz on the 18th November

 

  1. Dates of next meetings:

 

General Meeting Committee Meeting
16th November 14th December
18th January 15th February
15th March 19th April
17th May 21st June
19th July 16th August
20th September 18th October

Minutes of GHRA Meeting 19th October 2017

Galley Hill Residents Association

Minutes: Committee meeting #7Thursday, 19th October (18:45) Small Meeting Place

We built this city….!

  1. Welcome and H&S – Done
  2. Apologies – Paul Bartlett, Debbie X, Paul F and Peter Barry
  3. Formal approval of previous minutes
    1. Done
    2. Minor Changes (New Vice Chair elected not selected)
  4. Items for Discussion
    1. Financial update
      1. Tree carving (£1,500 grant received)
      2. Events (£400 grant received)
        1. £80 will go to insurance for events from this (100 people in SMP)
        2. What will be the first event we run?
          1. GHRA 1 year anniversary (November)
          2. Christmas Carols
          3. Summer event (but next year)
          4. Disco
      3. Coffee morning (£30)
      4. Possible donation via Liz Gifford (£300)
        1. Suggestions for use include: (1) newsletter sponsorship; (2) mural for Galley Hill’s History around the Large Meeting Place; (3) official stamp for GHRA; (4) other suggestions welcome
      5. In the pipeline:  £400 (outcome unknown currently)
    2. Tree carving
      1. Carving has not yet happened; Sally will talk to School about finalising a plan; tree-carver has shown images of similar work
      2. Likely to be started in half-term
      3. An offcut will be donated as a timeline plaque for the school
      4. Publicity around this (newspaper, newsletter, Town Crier, Look East, photos)
    3. Communication
      1. Response to emails: Complaint
        1. We are not replying to email apparently
        2. Please response quickly.
        3. Copying everyone on the committee in helps avoid problems if one person misses it.
      2. Noose
        1. Hasn’t been printed this month due to lack of sponsor
        2. Committee agrees that if no comments on a draft are received in 7 days, the newsletter will go to print.
        3. Court reps will now also be added to the editorial circulation list for checking the newsletter.
      3. This month the noose will be paid for by GHRA as there is no sponsor.  (Approval was also granted to pay for a second unsponsored newsletter)
    4. Anti-Social Behaviour
      1. Incidents have been reported.
      2. Paul Bartlett has been looking into this. Suggestion made that all parties involved work together to promptly resolve rather than passing problem from one to the other.
    1. Neighbourhood Watch

Milton Keynes Neighbourhood Watch invited scheme co-ordinators to their AGM in the Civic Offices on Saturday the 14th of October.

DPT attended and saw presentations from Chief Inspector Neil Kentish TVP and MKCouncil Safer MK http://www.safermk.com/ Colin Wilderspin

MKNHW want to expand within communities and SaferMK want to incorporate Community resilience.

Colin Harmsworth of JCAC (who also attending the meeting) has asked GHRA if he can attend our next public meeting to introduce this charity and its aims as they intend to provide community training that will help community resilience.

DPT also attended meeting in Wolverton on Tuesday evening to see a new Community Forum being introduced by TVP. The purpose of the Community Forum is to bring together, at a local level, the right organisations and members of the public to tackle the top community safety priorities identified through consultation.

      1. MK NW AGM attended by David – There was a discussion of crime in MK
      2. There is interest in having a community disaster planning
      3. Training may be available for First Responders – there will be a presentation about this at GHRA’s next (November) GHRA.
    1. GHRA Official Response
      1. To Peter Marland – MK Council says that the parish council must do the work instead.  It was agreed that a reply needs to be drafted.  GHRA and Mick and Paul should be obviously copied in on our reply.  GHRA would like to express their displeasure with this disengagement.
      2. To SSTC Town Hall (Council Offices) Refurbishments – it is understood that the £290k cost is to be covered by the parish council; there is concern that this cost will be passed onto local residents via an increase in local tax rates.  A vote was carried for GHRA to send a letter to the parish council stating that there is ‘concern about possible impact on increasing local tax rates’.
    2. Inspiring involvement of more GH residents
      1. Give gifts to children at Christmas with GHRA info on to raise awareness.  200 children at South Site School.  Ideas include pens, pencils, book marks,
      2. Christmas carol event may raise profile of GH and our residents association.
      3. Possible future NAG (Neighbourhood Action Group) may be set up.
      4. Do we want to run a survey?
  1. AOB
    1. Estate maintenance
      1. GHRA and Pastor K to look into talking to the council on having maintenance.
    2. Event: 1st Anniversary Party at Conservative Club – Mick to organise.  Some level of ticketing (can be free) to confirm numbers will be needed.
    3. Event:  Carol Singing (check doesn’t clash with SS Church).  Look into police permission.
    4. Notice board (Thursday 8:30 a.m.) will actually be moved.
  2. Next Meeting
    1. 16th November

Minutes of the GHRA meeting 21/9/17

Galley Hill Residents Association

Minutes: Committee Meeting

Thursday, 21st September, 2017 (18:30) Small Meeting Place

 

Welcome and H&S

Nyomie welcomed everyone.

 

Attendees

Nyomie Flecknell, Paul Flecknell, Roy Adams, Sue Tichmarsh, Douglas Tichmarsh, David Tavener, Paul Randall, Gill Millar, Janet Randall, Debbie Styles, Mick Allsopp, May Gray, Helen Bowlt (MK Library) Rob Gifford (SSTC), Paul Catherine and Peter Bolton, Sue Fitch, Pauline & Colin Wiginton, Shirley & Ian Leigh, Richard Eaton, Karen & S Huszla, J & B Collison, Mary O’Keeffe.

 

Apologies: Joy Sumner

 

Formal approval of previous minutes (available online at GHRA.uk)

There were no issues raised and the minutes were approved.

 

Items for discussion

 

New Vice Chairman

Roy conducted the ballot and asked the audience if they wanted to ask the candidates any questions before voting, there were none. The outcome of the vote was in David Tavener being selected.

 

Future meeting dates

We set dates for future meetings every third Thursday of the month with a starting time of 18:45 and to retain alternate public & committee meetings? Sec to advise Pastor of actual dates.

 

Tree-carving/bench

Roy advised funds now in our bank account and he is meeting with Sally , Nyomie, & carver in Stony on Tuesday. Mick subsequently confirmed his attendance.

 

Local activities

Our coffee morning is now well established and is modestly contributing to our funds. Other activities are in planning and will move forward when insurance cover has been established.

 

Financial

Roy confirmed our application to MKC for a grant of £400 is approved and payment is eagerly anticipated. We have an additional £400 application pending approval. Roy handed out a financial breakdown showing “trading” to date and confirmed our balance to be £1681.68, £1500 of that being out aside for the tree carving.

 

Communication

Doug confirmed that all our outlets (Noose, Friends of Galley Hill Facebook, www.GHRA.uk) were up to date and running smoothly, when asked the audience confirmed they approved of the Noose and its content.

 

We had contemplated leaving the SSTC Notice board where it is due to licensing cost. Mick indicated that the license would not apply after all.

 

Problems

Trees/leaves/landscaping

Antisocial parking

Pathway/road problems

These were basically covered by letter to the Council Leader Peter Marland who did not accept our invitation to attend. The letter and his reply were available in the meeting for those interested to take and read. GHRA will draft and agree a response to Mr Marland’s reply in due course and keep you informed of progress. Anyone wanting to read these documents please get in touch.

 

SSTC Refurbish Project

At 19:15 Nyomie handed over the floor to Rob Gifford and Helen Bowlt (SSTC & MK library) to present their Town Hall refurbishment plans.

 

There were an interesting exchange between the audience and Rob. Rob pointed out that the building was 40 years old and required some attention, a member of the audience replied that Galley Hill was 45 years old and also needed attention.

 

Rob indicated that to fund the redevelopment they would need to increase local taxes by around 5% (at the coffee morning on Tuesday he quoted between 5% & 10%).

 

Q1 How will the decision be made

R1 Rob. subject to public approval the item will be discussed at the 16th of November Council Meeting and again on the 3rd Tuesday in January at another Council Meeting.

 

Q2 If plans go ahead what provision will be made for library services during the refurbishment?

R2 Helen. The mobile library is available

 

Q3 is Bletchley funding their library refurbishment

R3 Helen. Developers section 106 is funding it and this will also apply to some of the Stony funding.

 

Q4 is it correct that the Library funding could be terminated by MKC at any time leaving the Stony taxpayer without a tenant who is currently contributing c£6000 per annum?

R4 Rob. Yes.

 

There was a lot of interest in this topic but Nyomie had to thank Rob and terminate the question and answer session to enable us to conclude our meeting.

 

Any other business

Doug announced that the school was undertaking repairs/painting this weekend and anyone wanting to volunteer would be welcome.

Friday the 22nd September 16:00 to 20:00

Saturday the 23rd September 09:00 to 18:00

 

At 20:00 the meeting was closed & Nyomie thanked everyone for attending.

Update On Meeting Held on 21/9/17

The first thing we would like to say is THANK YOU. We really want to thank everyone who attended the meeting on Thursday 21/9, the turnout was one of the biggest so far. We also want to say a huge thank you to Mick Allsopp as he steps down from his role as Vice Chairperson to concentrate more on helping to improve Galley Hill through his role as our local Councillor, thanks for helping us to get set up, thanks for his work with the Stony Stratford Town Council to get our residents association recognised, and thanks for his continued support.

The meeting itself was packed, the committee all arrived early (with apologies from Joy Sumner who had work commitments) to get through the stuff which needs to be agreed or discussed among ourselves, and thanks to a rather muted Nyomie (Chairperson), who was suffering with a bad throat, we managed to get all of the other stuff out of the way in time to announce our vote for a new Vice Chairperson, with choices of Dave Tavener or Paul Flecknell, both of whom are invaluable assets to the GHRA.

While people were cogitating over who to vote for we heard from our Treasurer, Roy, who has been beavering away on the finances and arranging the tree carving in place of Mick. Roy informed us that we have the £1500 tree carving funds securely in our account ready to pay the carver. We have also been granted £400 from local council funds which is in the process of being transferred to our account to be used for some of the events being planned. The Tuesday coffee mornings have also added to our total fund, and we have raised over £100 (full figures will be made available on our financial statement soon) from all activities.

We then counted the votes and it was a bit of a surprise landslide win for Dave Tavener to be our new Vice Chairperson, with 20 votes for Dave and 3 for Paul. So congratulations to Dave, but Paul will be continuing in his role as events coordinator so all is not lost.

We then heard from our visitors from Stony Stratford Council and Milton Keynes Library Service on the ongoing plans for the library building in Stony Stratford. They explained how the building was going to be refurbished and the library may be moved to the first floor, while the ground floor would be used for offices and an open area which may be rented out. These proposals are still in negotiation and this meeting was used as part of the ongoing consultation process. For those who weren’t at the meeting and want more details of the plans you can find them at the Stony Stratford Town Council website. 

There was a Q and A session regarding the plans for the library building, and several points were raised by attendees. Concerns which were raised included

  • Access to the first floor by less able bodied people
  • How money was being raised for the refurbishment
  • If the library service closes the Stony library then how is it to be funded in the future as it also serves as offices for the Stony Stratford Town Council.

These points were discussed and are to be taken into account as the plans progress. We will keep you informed as the consultations continue.

The meeting was brought to a close by Nyomie, minutes will be available to view here as soon as they are agreed to be acceptable.

Thanks to all who support the GHRA from all of The Galley Hill Residents Association Committee.

Reminders

We have so much going on that it’s difficult to know where to start, so we will start with the tree carving news. We have secured the funding for the tree carving, to turn the fallen tree near the park into a bench. We are working with Stony Stratford Town Council, who are helping to arrange the tree carver, and St. Marys St. Giles school to get ideas from local children on how it should look.

On the subject of the school, they are looking for volunteers to help paint the school interior, do some odd jobs and move a shed for them. If you are willing to help and available on Friday 22nd September from 4pm to 8pm (or any time in between) or Saturday 23rd between 9 am and 6pm then please come along and pitch in.

We also have our public meeting on Thursday 21st September from 7pm at the Small Meeting Place (above the shop). We will be asking for people to vote on who our next Vice Chair should be as Cllr Mick Allsopp stood down from the position earlier in the year.

We also have some guests from Stony Stratford Town Council coming along to the meeting to talk about their plans for the library building in Stony Stratford. This is part of their ongoing consultation on their proposed refurbishment of the building and you can have your say on Thursday.

Finally a quick reminder that our coffee mornings are still happening every Tuesday between 10 am and 12 at the Small Meeting Place. Everyone is welcome for coffee, biscuits and a chat.

We hope to see you at any or all of the above events, from all the Committee of the Galley Hill Residents Association.

Minutes of GHRA Meeting 18th August 2017

Minutes:  Committee Meeting #6

Thursday, 17th august, 2017 (7pm)

Small Meeting Place Galley Hill

 

Welcome and H&S

Nyomie welcomed our two visitors PCSO Tina Lewington and SSTC Chairman Joan Walker MBE

Attendees: Nyomie Flecknell, Roy Adams, Douglas Titchmarsh, David Tavener, Paul Randall, Gill Millar, Janet Randall, Debbie Styles, Mick Allsopp, May Gray, V Harrison, Tina Lewington, Joan Walker MBE.

Apologies: Vicky Wiginton, Joy Sumner

Formal approval of previous minutes (available online at GHRA.uk)

There were no issues raised and the minutes were approved.

We deviated from the posted agenda to hear from our two guests.

The meeting started with Nyomie asking Tina four questions which had been submitted in advance. abbreviated replies in italics

  1. are we going to have more police presence on GH?

Tina replied that unfortunately that would not be the case

  1. what is being done about crime taking place on GH?

Tina replied that this was just a spike and that Police were reliant on community cooperation to resolve.

  1. what can we do to reassure people worried about the rise in crime

Police do their best to attend events like this to reassure people by increased contact

  1. what is causing the crime wave on GH?

as stated earlier it’s just a typical spike and we need to be vigilant and report crime

Nyomie and attendees thanked Tina for her time and providing the feedback and reassurance we sought. Tina then left the meeting to resume her duties.

David T requested the meeting adopt GHRA proposal for individuals to use CCTV and speed camera software as there had been no objections from the newsletter survey. With no objections from the meeting we will proceed.

Mick introduced SSTC Chairman Joan Walker MBE and invited her to address the meeting. Joan wanted to return to clear up some misunderstandings that had taken place during the previous Council meeting held at the SMP. Joan described how the council works, what they can and cannot do and how their hands are tied by strict procedures.

Nyomie thanked Joan for attending and clarifying the Council’s position and everyone looks forward to working with SSTC in the spirit of mutual appreciation & goodwill

We then returned our attention to the formal agenda.

Discuss up-coming committee position changes (Chair, vice-chair, events)

Nyomie mentioned that there were two nominations to date but that we did need people from the estate to seriously consider volunteering to help their friends and neighbours. The pay is lousy but job satisfaction is high.

Set dates for coming meetings

Mick was asked to contact Pastor Kumi and try to arrange a further year of the third Thursday every month in 2018 with the meeting starting earlier at 18:30.

Tree-carving/bench

Roy has had funding confirmed, some final paperwork to complete and get the school children involved in design with artist/carver.

Local activities

Coffee mornings. Proceeding well and to be mentioned in next SSTC Newsletter with open invitation.

Discos & picnics

Open Garden & Counts Competition

Milton Keynes at 50

Christmas Events (singing/Santa)

Funding

Roy is pursuing other sources, all donations welcome, our bank details are on the web site.

Communication

“Noose” newsletter: Please let us have articles or items you would like included

“Friends of Galley Hill” Facebook page

Notice board: this will apparently require an £80 license to relocate!

Website – GHRA.uk

Problems

Trees/leaves/landscaping

David T mentioned that several initiatives had been blocked by MK Council without reasonable explanation. The outcome of the brief discussion was to invite the council leader Peter Marland to our next meeting to explain why. David was tasked with producing a letter inviting Mr Marland to the meeting.

Any other business: none

Dates of next meetings:

General Meeting Committee Meeting
21st September 19th October
16th November 14th December