Held At The Small Meeting Place Galley Hill
NF: Nyomie Flecknell (Chair/Clailey)
JS: Joy Sumner (Secretary)
MA: Mick Allsopp
DaT: David Tavener (Creslow)
PF: Paul Flecknell
RA: Roy Adams (Treasurer/Cottesloe)
DoT: Doug Titchmarsh
Order of Business
- Welcome and H&S – Done
- Apologies – Received from Roy Adams and Doug Titchmarsh
- Formal approval of previous minutes – Done
- Items for discussion
- – Updates on problems that the committee are currently tackling are given below. Other problems will be addressed as these are handled.
|Trees||Issues relating to:
|This has been raised with the council and discussions are on-going.|
|Estate maintenance||Issues with slip/trip hazards and overgrown footpaths||This has been raised with the council and discussions are on-going.|
|Antisocial parking||Near to school and also in other locations making access difficult||Bollards and double yellow lines are being investigated as are visits from ticket wardens.
To improve pedestrian safety near to the school, a possible crossing will be raised with MKC.
This will hopefully also affect the parking in the immediate area.
(Other solutions such as cameras, no-parking times etc were raised but will be left for the moment.)
|Street lights||Street lighting that it not working||This has been raised with the highway agency (and, where relevant, the school)|
|Dog bins||Problems with placement being away from the main footpaths, so that dog owners are not always using them||2 pre-existing bins may be moved closer into Galley Hill.
We will request an additional bin at the Galley Hill/Fullers Slade boundary where there is currently no bin.
- If there are (specific!) problems with trees, etc, please pass this on to the committee so that we can collect the data.
- Concerns were also raised that there may be possible future problems with Galley Hill being used as a ‘rat run’ as the Western Expansion develops. However, this is not yet felt to be an issue.
- Litter bins as well as dog bins were requested.
- The round-about in the playground is broken.
- Local activities
- Current activities:
|Coffee mornings||For all Galley Hill citizens
Tuesday morning (10-12 a.m.) at the small meeting place above the shop.
2 sessions so far, with the kick-off morning on 7th March.
Looking for volunteers to get involved with running the sessions.
Interest was expressed in adding talks, trips, etc in the future.
- Activities for the future:
|Open Garden/Courts Competition||Summer?|
|Christmas event||(singing/Santa) Looking into combined events with Fullers Slade|
|Queen’s Anniversary Event|
- Milton Keynes at 50 (2017)
- Update on Bench – need to complete GHRA registration
- Party on GH – School is interested in engaging, but needs permission. This event would be held later in the year (possibly early September) to prevent clashes with other events in MK.
- Bank Account – At a vote, the residents unanimously agreed that 3 committee members are sufficient signatories for the bank account. (Full list of committee members given in ‘people’ box at top of document)
- Insurance – insuremyevent.com was mentioned as having affordable cover for 1-5 events/year. (Used by FSRA.)
- “Noose” – If you are interested in submitting an article, please get in contact via the website – email news using this link
- Facebook – “Friends of Galley Hill”
- Google drive
- Email/paper notices – note that some courts are not getting all notices
- Notice board – on-going
- Website – GHRA.uk – Residents are encouraged to use the website
- Neighbourhood watch
- If you are interested in joining, there is an online form (on GHRA.uk)
- PCSOs were also raised and it was suggested that they be invited to attend one of the coming GHRA meetings.
- Any other business
- A new sign has been requested for Redborne as the current one is missing
- Visitors will be invited to future GHRA meetings. Currently Mick is talking to a member of YourMK. Following the earlier discussion, the local PCSOs will be invited (on a different evening) as will members from MKC. If you have any visitors that you would like invited to GHRA, please contact us using the GHRA.uk website.
- Date of next meeting:
Provisional dates for the next 2017 meetings (general and committee) are on Thursdays at 7pm.
|General Meeting||Committee Meeting|
|16th March||20th April|
|18th May||15th June|
|20th July||17th August|
|21st September||19th October|
|16th November||14th December|
AGM annual general meeting
AIM added in meeting (not on original agenda)
AOB any other business
FSRA Fullers Slade Residents Association
GH Galley Hill
GHRA Galley Hill Residents Association
H&S health and safety
MKC Milton Keynes Council
SSTC Stony Stratford Town Council
Disclaimer: Every attempt has been made to make this document a true and representative recording of events. If you have a concern about the content, please contact the committee as soon as is reasonably practical.
|Date of GHRA’s next General Meeting to be set for 2 months||Committee||26/01/2017||Done|
|Discuss route for solving problems/promoting activities in committee meeting to bring to next open meeting||Committee||26/01/2017||Done – see noted in minutes|
|Request an additional dog bin at the Galley Hill/Fullers Slade boundary where there is currently no bin. If possible, this should be at a suitable height for wheelchair users.||Committee||16/03/2017|
|Look into getting additional litter bins.||Committee||16/03/2017|
|Coffee morning (Tuesday 10-12) volunteers wanted.||GH residents||16/03/2017|
|Investigate the possibility of advertising the coffee mornings in the shop window.||Committee||16/03/2017|
|If you are interested in submitting an article for GH newsletter, Noose, , please get in contact via the website.||GH residents||16/03/2017|
|Invite PCSOs to one of the coming meetings.||Committee||16/03/2017|