Those of you with good memories might recall an attempt in 2013 to form a Galley Hill Residents Association. Several of us still think this is a good idea as Galley Hill is looking tired and could do with some TLC.
Mick Allsopp ( Galley Hill Ward Councillor SSTC ) is organising a meeting at The Galley Hill Small Meeting Place (above the shop) on Thursday the 17th of November at 19:00 to see if we can form a committee to take this forward. Please come along and join us or email firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate your support if you are unable to attend due to other commitments.
Things we would like to do. (have we missed anything?)
- discourage noise and antisocial behaviour, let’s be good neighbours
- litter, let’s keep Galley Hill in good repair and tidy it will enhance our properties value
- neighbourhood watch in each court would lower our insurance bills, we also need to discourage drug and alcohol abuse (discarded needles observed in bushes)
- park your car on your drive, be considerate (don’t risk blocking an ambulance or fire engine)
- the grass-crete verge has not been maintained and is failing suggest when council repairs they extend to provide additional parking spaces
- encourage authorities to trim overgrown trees damaging pathways and blocking street lighting
- repair and restore each court play area
- repair and restore Galley Hill meeting place and workshops