To all residents of Fullers Slade, Galley Hill and Stony Stratford Town
Your Annual Town Meeting will be held on Wednesday, 24th April 2019 At Stony Stratford Library, 5-7 Church Street, Stony Stratford MK11 1BD
Starting at 7.30pm
- To present the Annual Community Award 2018
- To receive apologies for absence
- To accept minutes of the Annual Town Meeting held on 12th April 2018 as a true record
- To receive the Annual Report of the Chair of Stony Stratford Town Council, Cllr Robert Gifford
- Any questions?
- Presentations from candidates who will be standing for the Stony Stratford Ward in the forthcoming elections
Please remember that this is not a meeting of the Town Council. This is your meeting so come along and have your say. Ask questions and we’ll try to answer them.
Convened by Robert Gifford, Chair
Stony Stratford Town Council, April 2019
Held At The Small Meeting Place Galley Hill
NF: Nyomie Flecknell (Chair/Clailey)
JS: Joy Sumner (Secretary)
MA: Mick Allsopp
DaT: David Tavener (Creslow)
PF: Paul Flecknell
See sign-up sheet for other attendees
RA: Roy Adams (Treasurer/Cottesloe)
DoT: Doug Titchmarsh
Order of Business
- Welcome and H&S – Done
- Apologies – Received from Roy Adams and Doug Titchmarsh
- Formal approval of previous minutes – Done
- Items for discussion
- – Updates on problems that the committee are currently tackling are given below. Other problems will be addressed as these are handled.
||Issues relating to:
|This has been raised with the council and discussions are on-going.
||Issues with slip/trip hazards and overgrown footpaths
||This has been raised with the council and discussions are on-going.
||Near to school and also in other locations making access difficult
||Bollards and double yellow lines are being investigated as are visits from ticket wardens.
To improve pedestrian safety near to the school, a possible crossing will be raised with MKC.
This will hopefully also affect the parking in the immediate area.
(Other solutions such as cameras, no-parking times etc were raised but will be left for the moment.)
||Street lighting that it not working
||This has been raised with the highway agency (and, where relevant, the school)
||Problems with placement being away from the main footpaths, so that dog owners are not always using them
||2 pre-existing bins may be moved closer into Galley Hill.
We will request an additional bin at the Galley Hill/Fullers Slade boundary where there is currently no bin.
- If there are (specific!) problems with trees, etc, please pass this on to the committee so that we can collect the data.
- Concerns were also raised that there may be possible future problems with Galley Hill being used as a ‘rat run’ as the Western Expansion develops. However, this is not yet felt to be an issue.
- Litter bins as well as dog bins were requested.
- The round-about in the playground is broken.
- Local activities
||For all Galley Hill citizens
Tuesday morning (10-12 a.m.) at the small meeting place above the shop.
2 sessions so far, with the kick-off morning on 7th March.
Looking for volunteers to get involved with running the sessions.
Interest was expressed in adding talks, trips, etc in the future.
- Activities for the future:
|Open Garden/Courts Competition
||(singing/Santa) Looking into combined events with Fullers Slade
|Queen’s Anniversary Event
- Milton Keynes at 50 (2017)
- Update on Bench – need to complete GHRA registration
- Party on GH – School is interested in engaging, but needs permission. This event would be held later in the year (possibly early September) to prevent clashes with other events in MK.
- Bank Account – At a vote, the residents unanimously agreed that 3 committee members are sufficient signatories for the bank account. (Full list of committee members given in ‘people’ box at top of document)
- Insurance – insuremyevent.com was mentioned as having affordable cover for 1-5 events/year. (Used by FSRA.)
- “Noose” – If you are interested in submitting an article, please get in contact via the website – email news using this link
- Facebook – “Friends of Galley Hill”
- Google drive
- Email/paper notices – note that some courts are not getting all notices
- Notice board – on-going
- Website – GHRA.uk – Residents are encouraged to use the website
- Neighbourhood watch
- If you are interested in joining, there is an online form (on GHRA.uk)
- PCSOs were also raised and it was suggested that they be invited to attend one of the coming GHRA meetings.
- Any other business
- A new sign has been requested for Redborne as the current one is missing
- Visitors will be invited to future GHRA meetings. Currently Mick is talking to a member of YourMK. Following the earlier discussion, the local PCSOs will be invited (on a different evening) as will members from MKC. If you have any visitors that you would like invited to GHRA, please contact us using the GHRA.uk website.
- Date of next meeting:
Provisional dates for the next 2017 meetings (general and committee) are on Thursdays at 7pm.
AGM annual general meeting
AIM added in meeting (not on original agenda)
AOB any other business
FSRA Fullers Slade Residents Association
GH Galley Hill
GHRA Galley Hill Residents Association
H&S health and safety
MKC Milton Keynes Council
SSTC Stony Stratford Town Council
Disclaimer: Every attempt has been made to make this document a true and representative recording of events. If you have a concern about the content, please contact the committee as soon as is reasonably practical.
|Date of GHRA’s next General Meeting to be set for 2 months
|Discuss route for solving problems/promoting activities in committee meeting to bring to next open meeting
||Done – see noted in minutes
|Request an additional dog bin at the Galley Hill/Fullers Slade boundary where there is currently no bin. If possible, this should be at a suitable height for wheelchair users.
|Look into getting additional litter bins.
|Coffee morning (Tuesday 10-12) volunteers wanted.
|Investigate the possibility of advertising the coffee mornings in the shop window.
|If you are interested in submitting an article for GH newsletter, Noose, , please get in contact via the website.
|Invite PCSOs to one of the coming meetings.